Epiphan integration

Schulte Olaf Andreas (ID MMS)

Feb 8, 2020, 8:04:22 AM2/8/20
to us...@opencast.org

Dear All

As you might recollect, the question of whether and how Epiphan devices like the popular Pearl are running with Opencast was never answered fully. A situation even more confusing because Epiphan tells us this should be working, cf. https://www.epiphan.com/solutions/lecture-capture-and-streaming.

Therefore, we would like to finally solve this issue and make the code (and the firmware possibly) available to integrate their devices. For this to be relevant to Epiphan, I would like to know who is interested in this solution for devices you already have or are planning to buy. Please drop me a line with the model and the number of devices.

Thanks

Olaf A.

Sven Laudel

Mar 5, 2020, 5:09:24 AM3/5/20
to Opencast Users
Hello,

as in our institution are some Epiphan devices in use, we would be glad to see them being integrated into our opencast environment.

Best regards
Sven

ypatios ypatios

Mar 5, 2020, 6:00:04 AM3/5/20
to Opencast Users
Dear Olaf,

thank you for this initiative.
We also use Epipah devices and would of course like to have them integrated as normal capture agents.

Model: Epiphan Pearl mini, Epiphan Pearl 2
# of devices: about 30

Thank you,
ypatios

Yusupha Touray

Apr 3, 2024, 5:46:28 PMApr 3
to Opencast Users, ypa...@gmail.com
Hello,
We (Epiphan) is currently working on this and we hope to have it released by June 2024. See out website for more details about this integration.  If you have a Pearl-2/Mini/Nano or soon to be available Pearl Nexus and interested in testing a beta version, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Yusupha
Epiphan Video

ypatios ypatios

Apr 8, 2024, 8:02:07 AMApr 8
to Opencast Users, yto...@epiphan.com
Hi Yusupha,

we have test devices and we're interested in testing the beta.

Thanks,

Yusupha Touray

Apr 8, 2024, 8:47:57 AMApr 8
to ypatios ypatios, Opencast Users