Opencast 6.4 - Customizing paella player

Martin Schamberger

Jun 4, 2019, 1:15:11 AM6/4/19
to Opencast Users
Hi,

I'm trying to do some customizations to the paella player on my local Opencast 6.4 test installation. A new defaultProfile should display another logo in the right upper corner. First of all I tried to create a new profile "livestream" by adding a modified profiles.json and images (for logo & background) to the configuration in etc/paella/<tenant>/config/profiles/ and etc/paella/<tenant>/resources/. (see https://github.com/opencast/opencast/blob/6.4/etc/paella/mh_default_org/config.json#L99)

As next step I added the modified profiles.json (and the images) before building Opencast. I have also changed the defaultProfile configuration in /etc/paella/<tenant>/config.json.
Reviewing the requests in my browser, I can see the additional profile in the requested profiles.json and the defaultProfile set to this profile in the config.json.
Nonetheless the player does not display the logo of the new profile.

For testing purposes I've rebuilt Opencast with all profiles modified, leaving the tenant config untouched. I can confirm the changes in the profiles.json as well, but there's still a built-in default profile loaded (with the paella logo in the upper left corner).

I've already had a look into the Opencast and paella docs, but I couldn't find any further informations for customizing profiles in paella.

Or is there an easier way to achieve my goal ("show another logo on another position")?

Kind regards,
Martin
--
Martin Schamberger
Streaming Services

Universität Wien
Ebendorferstraße 10
1010 Wien
T +43-1-4277-142 98
M +43-664-602 77-142 98
martin.sc...@univie.ac.at

Adilagha Aliyev

Jun 4, 2019, 7:34:21 AM6/4/19
to Opencast Users
Try the directory below of your server:

/usr/share/opencast/system/org/opencastproject/opencast-engage-paella-player/

UI folder for Paella Payer is in the .Jar file, which you can open and modify with WinRAR.

You will need to restart opencast and activemq after each edit for it to take effect.

Miguel Escriva Gregori

Jun 5, 2019, 3:18:06 AM6/5/19
to us...@opencast.org
Hi,

paella does not use profiles.json file anymore. If you want to create new profile, you need to create a plugin. As an example you can see the SingleStreamProfilePlugin (https://github.com/polimediaupv/paella/blob/6.1.x/plugins/es.upv.defaultProfiles/main.js#L37-L103)

Miguel

Martin Schamberger

Jun 12, 2019, 1:16:27 AM6/12/19
to Opencast Users, mie...@upv.es
Hi,

thank you for your answers! I'll have a look into it ;-)

Cheers,
Martin