PR for upstream: CEPHFS related

Ruben Gaspar

Mar 25, 2024, 7:03:51 AMMar 25
to Opencast Users
Dear All,

Just to request if it would be possible to merge in upstream this PR/commit [1] that I was discussing with Matthias N. during last Opencast summit, in Zaragoza.
We are kind of affected by some issue related with CEPHFS (may be [2]), which may affect other people running Opencast on CEPHFS.

Our symptoms are a huge CPU and bandwidth consumption on our admin node (just acting as admin/presentation node), from which most of it is IO wait. It happens pretty randomly, usually a clean-up of jobs and a reboot fix it for a little while.

Thank you,
Ruben
--
Fridayjudy.png
fridayavsys.png

Katrin Ihler

Mar 25, 2024, 9:07:33 AMMar 25
to us...@opencast.org

Hi Ruben,

that fix is already merged, see https://github.com/opencast/opencast/pull/5682 Should be part of the next release for 14 and onward. :)

Cheers,

Katrin

ELAN e.V.
Karlstr. 23
D-26123 Oldeburg

elan-ev.de

Ruben Gaspar

Mar 26, 2024, 7:18:10 PMMar 26
to us...@opencast.org
Thank you Katrin, that's great moving to 14 version in the next two
weeks. Hopefully it fixes our issue.
Cheers,
Ruben