Opencast behind institutional proxy - adopter registration error

s.la...@googlemail.com

Aug 26, 2022, 6:48:13 AM8/26/22
to Opencast Users
Hello,

since upgrading opencast to version 11 I'm getting the following errors

2022-08-26T12:38:19,783 | ERROR | (ScheduledDataCollector:209) - Error occurred while processing adopter general data.
java.net.ConnectException: Die Wartezeit für die Verbindung ist abgelaufen (Connection timed out)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) ~[?:?]

2022-08-26T12:41:11,815 | ERROR | (ScheduledDataCollector:217) - Error occurred while processing adopter statistic data.
java.net.ConnectException: Die Wartezeit für die Verbindung ist abgelaufen (Connection timed out)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) ~[?:?]

from opencast. Formerly we had an older version of opencast without adopter registration, so this pops up now.
Our opencast servers are sitting inside private networks and are communicating through our institutional proxy server to servers outside (for yum and so on).

Only the adopter registration function seem not to use the proxy configuration on the host. How do I tell opencast to use this proxy setting?

Best regards
Sven

Greg Logan

Aug 26, 2022, 11:53:32 AM8/26/22
to Opencast Users
Hi Sven,

Good catch, that code is actually ignoring the system wide proxy settings and attempting to open a direct connection.  I'll patch that shortly.