Multiple publications for an event

Ikars Melnalksnis

Apr 20, 2023, 9:44:40 AM4/20/23
to Opencast Users
Hello I wanted to ask a question is it possible to publish multiple engage publications for a single event? I'm currently writing an third party application that records from multiple sources and uses capture agents/recordings to upload all source videos into one event, but it seems using the schedule-and-upload workflow only publishes one of the videos. Thank you in advance.
Capture.PNG

Greg Logan

Apr 24, 2023, 6:07:04 PM4/24/23
to Opencast Users
Hi Ikars,

Not that I'm aware of. The closest you can get is duplicating the event via the admin ui, but that would substantially clutter your admin view if you're doing this a lot.

On Thu, Apr 20, 2023, 07:44 Ikars Melnalksnis <lyxik...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello I wanted to ask a question is it possible to publish multiple engage publications for a single event? I'm currently writing an third party application that records from multiple sources and uses capture agents/recordings to upload all source videos into one event, but it seems using the schedule-and-upload workflow only publishes one of the videos. Thank you in advance.

Christoph Reifers

Apr 25, 2023, 2:29:40 AM4/25/23
to us...@opencast.org

Hi Ikars,

to me it seems like you need to set different flavors/tags for your ingested files. The default workflow only knows presentation/source and presenter/source. If you want more than these two distinctions you need to a) ingest the material with the respespective flavors and b) have a workflow that distinguishes between these and also publishes the videos accordingly.
I think that the engage publication should then contain those files. An example of this can be found here: https://zivgitlab.uni-muenster.de/educast-nrw/opencast/workflows/-/blob/educast/13/src/workflows/educast-partial-ingest.yaml
Be aware that those workflows from the educast project are pretty advanced. They should however give you a better understanding of how to proceed with this.
Hope this helps,

Christoph