mp3 File Processing failure

Sergen Koc

Aug 21, 2023, 9:34:22 AM8/21/23
to Opencast Users
Hello, I have a problem with uploading .mp3 files. I get the following error message in OpenCast:

Exception message WorkflowOperationException: Media package does not meet publication criteria: No tracks selected

Video formats like mp4 work, but audio formats do not.
I have OpenCast 14 installed and would like to be able to upload .mp3 files from Moodle.

Do you have any ideas or solutions?

Greg Logan

Aug 28, 2023, 3:49:50 PM8/28/23
to us...@opencast.org
Hi Sergen,

I could be remembering wrong, but there was a time where the player(s) could not support audio-only playback - hence the check added requiring a video stream as well.  You could try muxing in a single frame image as the video stream to pass the check (say, your institution's logo)?

Katrin Ihler

Sep 15, 2023, 4:10:34 AM9/15/23
to us...@opencast.org

This is the approach we are currently taking, since processing audio without audio without video causes issues in a number of places right now.

Katrin

--
ELAN e.V.
Heger-Tor-Wall 12

Carlos Turro Ribalta

Sep 22, 2023, 6:23:54 AM9/22/23
to us...@opencast.org

Hi all

(Very) late to the party, but let me add that Paella Player 7 does support audio-only streams. See https://paellaplayer.upv.es/#/demos/audio-only

Having said that, as Katrin said, I think that Opencast currently does not support audio-only streams, both because we lack a definition of the flavors that should be player by paella and other issues related to workflows. Both shouldn’t be difficult to fix

Carlos

===

Carlos Turro

Subdirector de Redes y Tecnologías Multimedia  - Head of Media Services

Área de Sistemas de Información y Comunicaciones (ASIC)

Universitat Politecnica de Valencia