Paella player requires login to play videos, how to get rid of it?

fish slippery

Jun 14, 2016, 11:08:46 AM6/14/16
to Opencast Community
I set the event to Public, and allowed ROLE_ANONYMOUS to watch it. Paella player still requires users to login first. The built-in Theoul player works as designed.
And here is a probable related problem: every time after accessing Opencast series from Moodle LTI external tool, the video can be played without problem with Theoul player (even I set the prop.player to Pealla), the Opencast admin UI cannot be accessed showing up with 403 forbidden for about 10 minutes, then it get self-cured again.

BTW: Wish Theoul player may play videos normally in mobile devices ASAP, then I needn't Paella player any longer.

Lang Ruth

Jun 14, 2016, 3:31:23 PM6/14/16
to comm...@opencast.org, Ruth Lang
Hi,
  • which version do you use :  2.1 or 2.2 ?
  • the Paella player do not require any login mechanism in our environment 2.2 to watch public videos or to watch videos via LMS. You probably have a configuration problem.
  • the Player for moodle is not set in prop.player but in prop.lti.player.url    (prop.lti.player.url=/paella/ui/watch.html?id=)
  • if you use moodle and the presentation node on the same computer, moodle will log out the current user on the presentation node and will login the moodle user. This is the reason why you get this 403 error. You can do a workaround and use http://<presentation-node>/engage/ui and you will see which user is currently logged in the presentation node.
Regards
Ruth

fish slippery

Jun 16, 2016, 3:36:09 AM6/16/16
to Opencast Community, ruth...@gmail.com
Thank you! I will try the newly-released OC 2.2.

在 2016年6月15日星期三 UTC+8上午3:31:23,Ruth Lang写道:

fish slippery

Jun 28, 2016, 11:08:34 PM6/28/16
to Opencast Community, ruth...@gmail.com
Yes, the Moodle LTI uses another user: lti:mymoodledomainname. Then how not to log out the current admin user when connecting from Moodle LTI?

在 2016年6月15日星期三 UTC+8上午3:31:23,Ruth Lang写道:
Hi,

fish slippery

Jun 29, 2016, 12:44:55 AM6/29/16
to Opencast Community, ruth...@gmail.com
I put the intercept-url config of paella player in the wrong location. Now I adjust, paella player does not require login first now.

But which file and where to set the  prop.lti.player.url  ? I just put it in the end of etc/org.opencastproject.organization-mh_default_org.cfg, but Moodle still use Theodul player.

在 2016年6月15日星期三 UTC+8上午3:31:23,Ruth Lang写道:
Hi,

Lang Ruth

Jun 29, 2016, 1:54:46 AM6/29/16
to fish slippery, Ruth Lang, Opencast Community
You have to use the file org.opencastproject.organization-mh_default_org.cfg

Add the following lines at the end and uncomment the wanted player:

# # Theodul player
# # prop.lti.player.url=/engage/theodul/ui/core.html?id=
# # Paella player
# # prop.lti.player.url=/paella/ui/watch.html?id=

For the Theodul player you can also use:
prop.lti.player.extra_params=&format=rtmp&browser=all&mode=desktop&autoplay=true