Invitation to the Open Contracting for low tech community call

Andie Okon

Aug 26, 2020, 4:00:42 AM8/26/20
to Open Contracting Data Standard - Discussion Group

Hello there!

The Open Contracting Partnership commissioned a research project to better understand the needs of practitioners in low tech contexts and how they can be better supported by facilitators in the field. The research project sought to answer the following questions:

  1. What support exists for practitioners in low-tech contexts?
  2. What is needed to make already existing support more useful?
  3. What support is missing for low-tech users and their contexts?
  4. How could the gaps be filled and delivered?

The research was conducted by Agency between March to June, 2020, which included interviewing key support creators and facilitators as well as a thorough mapping of existing support for practitioners in low tech contexts.

The community call to discuss their findings will be happening on 3 September 2020 at 14:00pm (GMT+1) / 9:00am (EST). Please register here.

The key research outputs can be found both in the research report and the support mapping. It includes an overview of the existing support, a framework to better understand the types of support out there, an analysis of the gaps in this support, and finally a set of recommendations for facilitators to consider when revising and creating new support offerings for their practitioners.

The purpose of this community call is to share and discuss the research findings, specifically for international and regional organizations that provide and facilitate support to frontline individuals and institutions working on open contracting reforms. Through this community call, we are looking to achieve the following:

  • Discuss and validate the findings from the research
  • Talk through some implications for research recommendations and how you can apply them, as a support creator and facilitator
  • Kickstart conversations about next steps, further research and potential collaborations

Please register here

Best Regards,

Andie Okon
Community and Capacity Building Manager
+2348032240064 | Twitter: @andiva skype: andie.okon
*** An inclusive economy is a stronger economy. Learn about emerging strategies for empowering women-led businesses through public procurement in our new report. ***

Carey Kluttz

Sep 2, 2020, 4:17:28 PM9/2/20
to Open Contracting Data Standard - Discussion Group, Anca Matioc, Nonso Jideofor, Andie Okon
Hello all,

We are looking forward to the community call tomorrow, where our friends at Agency will walk us through the findings of their research into open contracting in "low-tech" environments.

We are very excited to share the draft Report on "Open Contracting Support Offerings in Low Tech Contexts," as well as the Mapping of existing support for open contracting.

We will officially launch the peer review for these resources after the conversation tomorrow, but as a facilitator and participant on the call tomorrow, we'd love for you to skim both to familiarize yourself with the content. We hope you will come with questions, thoughts, and feedback to share in the call (and beyond.)

Again, the community call to discuss their findings will be happening on 3 September 2020 at 14:00pm (GMT+1) / 9:00am (EST). Please register here.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Warm regards,
Carey, Anca, and Nonso (with apologies for cross-posting)

Carey KLUTTZ

Head of Country Programs

+1-704-287-7155 | @careykluttz | skype: careykluttz

www.open-contracting.org | standard.open-contracting.org
follow us @opencontracting & @ocdata

*** An inclusive economy is a stronger economy. Learn about emerging strategies for empowering women-led businesses through public procurement in our new report. ***

Carey Kluttz

Sep 2, 2020, 4:50:35 PM9/2/20
to Andie Okon, Anca Matioc, Nonso Jideofor
Apologies, it seems the hyperlink was broken in my original message - please find the full links below:

Please let us know if you have any issues accessing these, and we're looking forward to the conversation tomorrow,
Carey

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 4:20 PM Carey Kluttz <ckl...@open-contracting.org> wrote:
Hello all,

We are looking forward to the community call tomorrow, where our friends at Agency will walk us through the findings of their research into open contracting in "low-tech" environments.

We are very excited to share the draft Report on "Open Contracting Support Offerings in Low Tech Contexts," as well as the Mapping of existing support for open contracting.

We will officially launch the peer review for these resources tomorrow, but as a facilitator and participant on the call tomorrow, we'd love for you to skim both to familiarize yourself with the content. We hope you will come with questions, thoughts, and feedback to share in the call (and beyond.)

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 3:52 AM Andie Okon <ao...@open-contracting.org> wrote:

[...]

Andie Okon

Sep 4, 2020, 2:21:50 PM9/4/20
to Open Contracting Data Standard - Discussion Group
Hello there!

Thanks for joining yesterday's community call that launched our OC for low tech report - "Open Contracting Support Offerings in Low Tech Contexts". If you missed the call or wanted to share with others, here is the recording link as well as the slide deck from Agency's presentation

As mentioned on the call, we are very keen to get your feedback on the research. We are sharing here both the Report and its complementary Support Mapping on Open Contracting Support Offerings in Low Tech Contexts, both open for anyone to view and comment. Please do dig in!

As part of our first recommendation to open contracting facilitators, we encourage you - the facilitators and support creators - to review, validate, and even add support offerings to the mapping. As we mentioned, this is very comprehensive but we know that it is not exhaustive, so if there are key resources that we have missed, please do let us know! We're also keen to hear if we've appropriately identified and categorized the support included already.
After reading the report and mapping, let us know about your thoughts and impressions more generally on this email thread. We are very eager to continue the conversation with you all around how we can collaborate on the next steps coming from this research, either around the concepts, the speaking to practitioners, or any of the other recommendations. We're curious to hear more about what caught your attention and what you're interested in grappling with, internally within your organization or as a peer-to-peer learning experience.

Finally, if you feel more comfortable sending your feedback privately, please reach out to us via email, Carey Kluttz ckl...@open-contracting.org, Nonso Jideofor no...@agency.ngo, and Anca Matioc an...@agency.ngo

Looking forward to hearing your feedback and seeing your additions to the mapping!