OCDS 1.2: Kicking off the development of the next release of the OCDS

James McKinney

Oct 14, 2020, 6:05:03 PM10/14/20
to Open Contracting Data Standard - Discussion Group
Hello all,

Today, we kick off the development of the next minor release of the Open Contracting Data Standard, OCDS 1.2.

In a blog post, we briefly describe:

- What went into versions 1.0 and 1.1
- What we expect to cover in version 1.2
- What the process looks like

Español: https://www.open-contracting.org/es/2020/10/14/ocds-1-2-queremos-escuchar-sus-propuestas/

The first step is to propose any additional issues to address by 28 October. All existing issues that can be resolved in a minor release are already collected into the 1.2.0 milestone. If there is something outside that list that you would like to see changed, please create an issue on GitHub. If you are new to GitHub, you can watch a recording of our introduction to GitHub, review the slides, or use this handout.

We look forward to active participation of the OCDS community throughout this process.

--

James McKinney

Head of Data Products and Services

+1-514-247-0223 | @mckinneyjames | skype: mckinney.james | timezone: EST

*** An inclusive economy is a stronger economy. Learn about emerging strategies for empowering women-led businesses through public procurement in our new report. ***
*** Una economía incluyente es una economía más fuerte. Aprenda sobre cómo empoderar a empresas lideradas por mujeres y lograr una mayor inclusión en la contratación pública en nuestro nuevo reporte***
www.open-contracting.org | follow us @opencontracting

James McKinney

Oct 28, 2020, 11:08:51 AM10/28/20
to Open Contracting Data Standard - Discussion Group, James McKinney
Hello all,

Two weeks ago, we kicked off development of the next minor release of the Open Contracting Data Standard, OCDS 1.2.

In a new blog post, we go into more detail on the priorities for OCDS 1.2.

This marks the second step of the governance process, initiating a two-week period in which anyone can discuss whether to include issues that were left out, or remove issues that were added in, by 11 November.

The next step will be to solicit input on and propose solutions for the prioritized issues. To contribute to any of the topics in the blog post, please follow the links to comment on the associated GitHub issue.

We need expert input from the community of OCDS publishers and users to ensure that the proposed changes will improve the OCDS for everyone.

Best regards,