Be a part of our upcoming GitHub Webinar

Andie Okon

Aug 31, 2020, 7:10:22 AM8/31/20
to Open Contracting Data Standard - Discussion Group
Hello there!

In thinking around how we can help our community have a better understanding of how we develop the OCDS, we've put together a webinar for you to learn just that.  In this 60 minute webinar, a member of the OCDS Helpdesk will take you through how the OCDS community uses Github to collaboratively develop the standard and how you can get involved.

To ensure we cover good ground during the session, we presume no prior knowledge of Github and will demonstrate how to create an account, find the Open Contracting and OCDS repositories, and how you can contribute to discussions. The main objectives of this webinar are to:

  1. Introduce the ways in which OCDS standard development occurs through Github
  2. Demonstrate how to find relevant OCDS discussions on Github
  3. Demonstrate how to contribute to or create new OCDS discussions on Github

This webinar will be happening on 9 September 2020 at 16:00pm (GMT+1) / 11:00am (EST)Please register here

Kindly note that this webinar will be recorded and published online. Thank you and I'm looking forward to seeing you there!

Best Regards,

Andie Okon
Community and Capacity Building Manager
+2348032240064 | Twitter: @andiva skype: andie.okon
*** An inclusive economy is a stronger economy. Learn about emerging strategies for empowering women-led businesses through public procurement in our new report. ***

Andie Okon

Sep 7, 2020, 6:50:14 AM9/7/20
to Open Contracting Data Standard - Discussion Group, Andie Okon
Hello everyone,

We are only two days away from our GitHub webinar and I'd like to encourage everyone that's interested in how the standard is developed and learning about the OCDS discussions that happen on GitHub to sign up to be a part of this webinar. The main objectives of this webinar are to:
  1. Introduce the ways in which OCDS standard development occurs through Github
  2. Demonstrate how to find relevant OCDS discussions on Github
  3. Demonstrate how to contribute to or create new OCDS discussions on Github
Please find the details to register below:
When: Sep 9, 2020 04:00 PM London
Register in advance for this meeting:

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Please note that this webinar will be recorded and published online. Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Best Regards,

Andie Okon

Andie Okon

Sep 9, 2020, 10:07:30 AM9/9/20
to Open Contracting Data Standard - Discussion Group, Andie Okon
Our GitHub webinar starts in an hour. Looking forward to seeing you there. If you are yet to register, kindly use the details below to do so:

When: Sep 9, 2020 04:00 PM London
Register in advance for this meeting:

See you there!

Best,

Andie

Andie Okon

Sep 10, 2020, 5:33:20 AM9/10/20
to Open Contracting Data Standard - Discussion Group, Andie Okon
Hello there!

We just want to say a big thank you to those of you that were able to join yesterday's webinar for OCDS on GitHub. If you missed the session, here are the training resources for you to watch and go through at your own convenience:
Our hope is that after going through these resources, you'd feel better equipped to contribute to our OCDS discussions on GitHub. You can also access additional support from our team by contacting the Helpdesk at da...@open-contracting.org. Please feel free to mail us at any point you may have questions or clarifications to make. Looking forward to hearing your feedback and seeing more of you on our OCDS GitHub platform! Thank you!

Best Regards,

Andie Okon