OCDS guidance for the WTO's Agreement on Government Procurement now available

James McKinney

Sep 14, 2020, 4:26:59 PM9/14/20
to Open Contracting Data Standard - Discussion Group
I am pleased to share our guidance on mapping from the World Trade Organization's Agreement on Government Procurement (GPA) to OCDS: https://standard.open-contracting.org/profiles/gpa/master/en/

The mapping quotes relevant parts of the GPA, and adds annotations on how to publish the quoted information using OCDS.

This mapping will be especially relevant to GPA parties, and also to countries with trade agreements with GPA parties, given that the GPA's requirements are often included in such agreements.

You might also be interested in reading our guidance on How open data helps WTO GPA objectives, which includes a worked example to calculate a GPA statistical report using Australia's OCDS data.

We did not create any new OCDS extensions for this mapping, given that the GPA's disclosure requirements are a subset of the EU's (the EU is a party to the GPA). You can see our earlier work on mapping EU requirements to OCDS.

I would like to acknowledge the great work by Colin Maudry in completing the profile.

Best regards,

--

James McKinney

Head of Data Products and Services

+1-514-247-0223 | @mckinneyjames | skype: mckinney.james | timezone: EST

*** An inclusive economy is a stronger economy. Learn about emerging strategies for empowering women-led businesses through public procurement in our new report. ***
*** Una economía incluyente es una economía más fuerte. Aprenda sobre cómo empoderar a empresas lideradas por mujeres y lograr una mayor inclusión en la contratación pública en nuestro nuevo reporte***
www.open-contracting.org | follow us @opencontracting