Compatibilities Issues

Desmond Kang

Jun 16, 2022, 2:38:47 AM6/16/22
to ONOS Developers
Hi ONOS Developers,
I wanted to test if the oar generated in onos bazel is compatible with the portable version of onos.

1. I've downloaded ONOS Portable 2.7.0 and 2.3.0 from https://wiki.onosproject.org/display/ONOS/Downloads.
2. I get the src code of ONOS from https://github.com/opennetworkinglab/onos.
3. I build the src code using bazel, and obtain the oar file for LLDP Link Provider.
4. I run the ONOS portable service, uninstall the original LLDP Link Provider, then install the one built from bazel src code.

It turned out that the oar is not compatible with the portable onos. I tried the same method for both 2.7.0 and 2.3.0, and they only support their own versions of LLDP Link Provider.

ONOS 2.7.0 supports LLDP Link Provider oar from ONOS 2.3.0.

I want to ask how to test whether the apps im developing is going to be compatible with the official release (portable) version of ONOS? and what is the latest version of onos from the github repository?

Thanks in Advance!

Davide Scano

Jun 16, 2022, 2:44:28 AM6/16/22
to ONOS Developers, desmon...@gmail.com
Hi Desmond,

What do you mean when you say portable version of onos.? Is it the docker verson?

best
Davide

Desmond Kang

Jun 16, 2022, 2:53:21 AM6/16/22
to ONOS Developers, 0ice...@gmail.com, Desmond Kang

Davide Scano

Jun 16, 2022, 3:06:55 AM6/16/22
to ONOS Developers, desmon...@gmail.com
Ok, I think that the version of https://github.com/opennetworkinglab/onos. in different from https://wiki.onosproject.org/display/ONOS/Downloads. I mean from github you should download 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT. The code of LLDP app in version 2.7.0, 2.3.0, 3.0.0 is the same but is compiled for that specific version of ONOS. So, the oar is compiled/build on a certain version but the java code remain the same.
Am I clear?

Best
Davide

Desmond Kang

Jun 16, 2022, 3:21:44 AM6/16/22
to ONOS Developers, 0ice...@gmail.com, Desmond Kang
Means that, if i want to build my apps to be compatible with, say onos 2.7.0, I need to change the compiler version from 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT to 2.7.0? For example, here: https://github.com/opennetworkinglab/onos/search?q=3.0.0-SNAPSHOT

Currently I'm developing apps for that particular version, so I have to make sure the apps are compatible with ONOS 2.7.0.