How to generate a skeleton .oar file using Bazel?

Desmond Kang

Jun 9, 2022, 11:26:50 AM6/9/22
to ONOS Developers
Hi dear respected developers.
I am very new to programming using Bazel, and have plenty knowledge on developing applications. I want to start by generating a foo-app oar file using Bazel. Just like the maven version (https://wiki.onosproject.org/display/ONOS/Template+Application+Tutorial). It should be able to produce an oar file in the bazel-bin directory after building it.

I have studied a few reference:

The current problem I'm facing is the oar is not generating out. When I entered 'bazel build onos', it shows the following error code:
/home/wic190010/onos/BUILD:27:10: no such target '//apps/foo-app:onos-apps-foo-oar': target 'onos-apps-foo-oar' not declared in package 'apps/foo-app' (did you mean 'onos-apps-foo-app'?) defined by /home/wic190010/onos/apps/foo-app/BUILD and referenced by '//:onos'

Can I give any name for the application name? Is the application name 'onos-apps-foo-oar' not allowed? or does it need to specified in other places?

Please provide me some guidance. Thank you.

Davide Scano

Jun 9, 2022, 11:38:35 AM6/9/22
to ONOS Developers, desmon...@gmail.com
Hi desmond,