Dpid and DeviceId, Protocol-Agnostic?

Desmond Kang

Jul 4, 2022, 12:08:09 AM7/4/22
to ONOS Developers
Hi ONOS Developers.

I have made an application that maps mac address to dpid (many to one) and vice versa. We can get the dpid using mac address now. The dpid is obtained via OpenFlowSwitchListener. Currently I'm working on an LLDP Link Discovery application that is converting chassisId to deviceId, but I want to change the behavior to converting macaddress to dpid then to deviceId.

But I found that it seems they have no relation between the two entities as i read through here

I want to ask if it possible to convert dpid to deviceId?
Thanks in advance!

Desmond Kang

Jul 4, 2022, 4:44:33 AM7/4/22
to ONOS Developers, Desmond Kang