Question of Batch Operation

Ashish Mittal

Mar 24, 2018, 1:23:09 PM3/24/18
to brigade-...@onosproject.org
Hi All,

Can someone tell me if there is any work going on the below item in DCS?

       Batch coordination

       breakdown instruction among nodes, (similar to FlowRule subsystem)

       Phase 2 or later when introducing multi-device transaction

How are we planning to design this?  Will it be application's responsibility create such a batch across multiple devices but with current approach where config-sync works on Notifications from DCS, it will not work or Am i missing something?

I think ODL still don't have such facility.

This would need support of confim-commit operation in Netconf Protocol. This is not even supported in ODL. ONOS Netconf Protocol code also does not support it right now.

Regards
Ashish Mittal

Yuta Higuchi

Mar 26, 2018, 6:26:35 PM3/26/18
to Ashish Mittal, ONOS Dynamic Configuration Brigade
At least no work around that is not planned for current DCS 1.0 codebase.

Ashish Mittal

Mar 26, 2018, 9:41:30 PM3/26/18
to Yuta Higuchi, ONOS Dynamic Configuration Brigade
Hi Yuta,

Thanks for your reply.

Is any timelines decided for DCS 2.0? Is there any requirement/design  write-up for DCS 2.0 available?

Regards

Ashish Mittal

--
Regards