Dynamic config for auto-generating code for Southbound NETCONF devices

Abubakar Muqaddas

Jan 16, 2019, 10:43:10 AM1/16/19
to brigade-...@onosproject.org

Hi Dynamic Config Brigade,

I saw your page and a couple of presentations available on ONOS wiki. I had a question regarding your system.

I understand that using the ONOS YANG utils, I can generate JAVA code which represents a YANG model for the device. However, if I want NETCONF to configure a device with this YANG model, does the dynamic config system has the capability to also generate code for not just representing the device’s YANG model but also code for the southbound which talks NETCONF?

This question arose after I checked the usual method to add a new type of device to ONOS, i.e. I would have to write a driver which implements ONOS functions such as DeviceDiscovery or FlowRuleProgrammable etc. where I would have to add code to send NETCONF messages to the particular device.

Regards,
Abubakar

Andrea Campanella

Jan 29, 2019, 6:52:25 AM1/29/19
to Abubakar Muqaddas, brigade-...@onosproject.org
Hi,

At the moment the effort on the southbound for DCS is not yet completed but we have not enough resources to do it.
We woudl gladly see any contributions to it.

You can still sent handcrafted XML through the netconf session established with the device.

Thanks,
Andrea Campanella

Member of Technical Staff at ONF
Member of ONOS Technical Steering Team
Member of Ambassador Steering Team, ONOS and CORD Community