Fwd: RYU

William Snow

Mar 22, 2016, 6:48:05 PM3/22/16
to Guru Parulkar, ONOS Technical Steering Team, Luca Prete, Suibin Zhang, David Boswell
An interesting post on the sdn working group mailing list.

Mar 22, 2016, 10:06:58 PM3/22/16
to William Snow, ONOS Technical Steering Team, Luca Prete, Suibin Zhang, David Boswell

Interesting… But it suggests you need multiple RYU instances to do this and there is no mention of how they federate or collaborate to create a global network view. If apps don’t have a global network view, you cannot realize the full potential of SDN….

Am I missing something?

-guru

Luca Prete

Mar 23, 2016, 4:33:47 PM3/23/16
to Guru Parulkar, William Snow, ONOS Technical Steering Team, Suibin Zhang, David Boswell
It seems to me that most of the time people say "I run in production" things need further clarification.
Josh Bailey claims he runs in production with a single instance controller connecting two ports together without any security... which is something most of the people wouldn't ever consider in a testbed...

On the other side, I keep believing it's the right moment to start focusing on one little function and make it production ready, to have a real and bigger impact.

Luca