A need for academe to take a closer look about Cyberbullying. Think before you click.

Rodelio Barcenas

Apr 14, 2019, 11:50:28 AM4/14/19
to The Pinardi Shed (Forum)
This was sent by one of our alumni...

Sir, an alumnus of ours, shared fake news to a Facebook page with global followers. I am not against Bosconians taking sides in public discourse. However, perhaps the college must take a firmer stand on the lack of discernment by many college students, graduates, and even professors, who click first and think later. The fake news was derived from actual news that was edited with derogatory intent. At the rate this is going, spreading of fake news is punishable under the Anti-Cybercrime Act of 2012, and sharing of private sensitive information of an individual is punishable under the Anti-Voyeurism Act of 2009. I don't wish to repudiate him  through a Facebook post, not even in the DBITS group. I am sending this discreetly in the hope that it would be taken up in your council meeting.

I think everyone should be informed about this law.
"Think before you click" and not "Click First and Think Later".