Isa sa pinaka-"mahal" ang DBTC

pmcatalan

May 17, 2015, 5:51:32 PM5/17/15
to pin...@one-bosco.org
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wwlQRjx-dPs/VVbOG76FroI/AAAAAAAAVuU/gxNlCEdCS1g/s1600/univ.jpg

The link above says Don Bosco Technical College in Mandaluyong is the 10th most expensive in terms of annual tuition fees.  Some of my students have been sharing this in Facebook. Is DBTC really "mahal?"  If so, is studying in Don Bosco worth it?

Vitaliano Chito Dimaranan

May 18, 2015, 8:53:49 PM5/18/15
to pin...@one-bosco.org, pmca...@one-bosco.org
Data, if objective and reliable and valid, ought to be accepted for what they are. It may well be true that we are number ten. But to compare that fact with big institutions with a much bigger mass base like state universities is not valid.  Every peso they pay is multiplied by tens of thousands. Every peso paid by Bosconians is multiplied only by a little over one thousand. To run programs with just a couple of hundreds each (and less than a hundred for at least two current programs) exacts a heavy toll on operational expenses. The overhead is simply high. What the data does not say, of course, is how much of it goes to personnel and how little goes to capitalization and operations. From an administrator's viewpoint.

Rodelio Barcenas

May 18, 2015, 10:34:26 PM5/18/15
to pin...@one-bosco.org
Hi Sir Paul,

Just my viewpoint about it.

I believe that the table simply presented a single variable
information which is open to speculations.
In order to qualify the data for analysis we need another variable
(i.e.Tuition Fee vs Enrollment Figure or Tuition Fee vs Quality of
Service).

(1) Tuition Fee vs Enrollment Figure;
I believe this relationship doesnt have a direct relationship.
- from my previous experience handling BSIT, every year we increase
tuition yet our freshmen continue to rise in numbers.
- I thought before that if we continue to increase, we can expect a
fewer enrollee... but data shows otherwise.

(2) Tuition Fee vs Quality of Service;
For me this should be a good thing one has to look into...
Please consider my story...
When I was taking my Masters Deg 2002 at Ateneo (Dela Costa, Makati),
I was really gasping for money to pay my tuition fee.
Gee, the tuition fee was really high.
So I tried paying the tuition and got into my 1st Semester of studying.
I was so surprised with what I got out of my payment....
Great classroom (carpeted, you can even lie on the floor, too clean)
Canteen (great value for money, wonderful staff, super clean
environment and ambiance)
Library (The books where super, duper updated. You would not leave the
library without bringing home a book)
Internet (Just connect to their Wifi, download a video material, or
installation disk (700MB) within 5-10 mins).
Professors (Great lineup of top-notch faculty, very professional with
dealing with students, they love teaching and talking with students,
you feel always want to hangout with them and talk more about the
subject, very inspiring)

What is my point?
It is all about what you get from what you paid for.

The next time around when I paid my super high tuition fee from ateneo?
I felt it is still cheaper to study in Ateneo. Now I do not complain
about tuition fee.
I make it a point to find means to pay for it.

My Conclusion?
The determinant to whether the tuition fee is really high or low is
related to the quality of service that one will get.
Sometimes if you pay Low tuition fee, it could happen that you feel
paying too much because you are short-changed from the quality of
service that you got...

As per DBTC... its a question.
Do we give a real value for their money? How do we rate our quality of service?
Library?, Professors?, Internet, Classroom, Canteen?, Teaching and
Learning Materials?, and many more.
How do we rate it? <-- Answering this will give us an idea if our
tuition fee is too much to offer.

Thanks again for this topic... Great one.