What's up in the K-12 program prep of DBTC?

pmcatalan

Jun 10, 2015, 5:05:18 PM6/10/15
to pin...@one-bosco.org

The College department and the TVET department will be affected by the K-12 implementation next year.  What preparations do we have to do in our HEI department?  We have less than a year to go.

Benjamin Franklin

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail!”

― Benjamin Franklin reminds

pmcatalan

Jun 10, 2015, 5:17:15 PM6/10/15
to pin...@one-bosco.org, pmca...@one-bosco.org
In the meanwhile, those who will be affected may refer to http://www.gov.ph/k-12/.

pmcatalan

Jun 10, 2015, 8:18:23 PM6/10/15
to pin...@one-bosco.org, pmca...@one-bosco.org
Apparently, as of June 4, 2015, DBTC is not on the list of those who will offer Senior High School. Check this: http://www.deped.gov.ph/datasets/partial-list-non-deped-schools-will-offer-senior-high-school

Roberto L. Delfin

Jun 13, 2015, 2:23:51 AM6/13/15
to pin...@one-bosco.org
Dear sir,
The
DEPED requirements for he SHS are presently being compiled. Hopefully, we will be able to complete everything by the end of the month. The deadline will be on Aug. 30, 2015. So we will be ready for Gr. 11 in 2016-2017. What I may need to confer with you would be the possible professors who can teach physics, chemistry, biology and earth science. The curriculum guides have already been assigned to some of the teachers in the Junior High School. I'll see you next week. Thanks

Sir Bob Delfin

--
Visit us at http://pinardi.one-bosco.org
---

Paul Catalan

Jun 13, 2015, 8:07:55 AM6/13/15
to pin...@one-bosco.org
Hello Sir Bob,

Thanks for the info.  I have been asking about the K-12 program since I was brought back as program chair of ME in the summer of 2014.  When our MT started meeting, I thought the college department was left in the dark regarding this matter because apparently they were not aware of the details regarding the conceptualization of the STEM program wherein 1/4 is engineering.  I thought the first place to look for input was inside the campus but...  Anyways, I asked my wife to email me a document regarding K-12 and engineering last year.  I attached it for your reference. .  It is biased towards engineering, but hey, we have the facilities, the experience and the teachers who can back-up our capability regarding this field, so, I am forwarding it to you and the junior HS teachers who are working on the curricular guides. The College department and the TVET will be affected by this K-12 implementation so we are worried that we do not know a lot of things regarding K-12.  Well, I just hope we turn this "problem" we are facing into many opportunities that we all benefit.

Regarding the physics and chemistry teachers, I think we can recommend some of our professors on a part-time or even full-time basis.  Also, we manage a chemistry lab and physics lab that you can use if needed.

If you google search for the word teamwork and better this is what you will find:

Inline image 1
Regards,

Paul C.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "The Pinardi Shed (Forum)" group.
engg in k to 12.pdf

Joseph Abillada

Jun 16, 2015, 7:33:05 PM6/16/15
to pin...@one-bosco.org
Good point you have there sir Paul. With our limited resources and streamlined funds, one possible way of getting through his hard time is SYNERGY.

336.gif