rcdelosreyesii

Jul 6, 2015, 9:09:28 PM7/6/15
to pin...@one-bosco.org
A topic seldom talked about for fear of offending anyone.

We cannot sit down on fences this time.

As educators, we have to be forewarned and forearmed with what is coming - specially as the Department of Education is now pushing for this agenda in its department orders - as presented in this blog.

This is still part of the mandatory sex education that is stipulated in the RH law - and it is called "age-appropriate".  The blogger states:
"Gender fluidity is introduced in 5th grade. Sodomy and mutual masturbation are discussed in Grade 9.  Same sex marriage in 10th. See the progression?"

We are a Catholic institution.  Fr. Rector has actually requested us to rally behind the banner of our founder St. John Bosco in defending the teachings of the Catholic Church following the legal recognition of same-sex marriage in the US.

We have to distinguish three terminologies - Person, Inclination, and Action.
The person is the whole totality of the gift that God gave each one of us.
The inclination is referred to by secular media as gender identity and sexual orientation, which is primarily based on feelings, and is just a part of the person - subject to change depending on the will of the person to change.
The action is the behavior manifested by a person, partly due to the inclination mentioned - which is rightly judged as good or bad.

What DepEd is doing is influencing our young people to blur the distinction between these terminologies - such that judging an action is already tantamount to judging the person, and changing an inclination is changing the whole person.  This is far from reality.

This is a sad reality that we will be facing.

How can we contribute to the firm stand of our institution against such agenda that is inevitably coming to our shores?

N.B.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church teaches:
2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered." They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

Vitaliano Chito Dimaranan

Jul 6, 2015, 11:36:13 PM7/6/15
to pin...@one-bosco.org, rcdelos...@one-bosco.org
It bears repetition here that discrimination is not the issue here, nor intolerance. Don Bosco's approach has always been based on tolerance shown in these virtues: loving kindness, but at the same time tempered by justice and the common good. Tolerance does not mean libertinism. It also does not mean allowing everyone to do his or her part, unmindful of boundaries. It definitely does not mean promotion of something that runs counter to Catholic teachings and traditions.

Rodelio Barcenas

Jul 7, 2015, 2:25:44 AM7/7/15
to pin...@one-bosco.org

This event exactly defines where we all stand.
This the very same reason why LAMPS do not bear the @donbosco.edu.ph instead was @one-bosco.org domain.

Its all about our mission as Catholics and commitment for the welfare of the young. We are not just educators (@donbosco.edu.ph).  We are one with Don Bosco and his mission for the young. If it affects the young, definitely LAMPS have to be involved.

Im an advocate of Couples for Christ, we will rally behind the Church.

Sir Rolly,

Ok inputs mo ah, meron na pala hanggang syllabus pa. Thanks for informing us.

--
Visit us at http://pinardi.one-bosco.org
---

Rolando C. Delos Reyes II

Jul 7, 2015, 2:39:13 AM7/7/15
to pin...@one-bosco.org
Way back in 2006, I have mistakenly sat down in a round table discussion with other academicians in UP Women's Studies, particularly on this issue of homosexuality.  It was a mistake - for late have I learned it was an LGBT forum, with Danton Remoto and other gay activists on the scene.

It was a happy fault, because then I discovered how they are actively surveying the landscape - academe, media, business, church, politics - and pointing out their "enemies" and "friends".  They glorify over news of their "enemies" dying or falling into scandals, as well as news of their "friends" actively promoting the homosexual lifestyle, particularly in the school setting.

They have actually hailed as victory how an exclusive for girls school run by religious sisters in Pampanga have already taken the gay agenda to heart - where even the sisters themselves are asking their students "Kelan natin i-celebrate ang monsary nyo?", or "Sagutin mo na kasi yung nanliligaw na kaklase mo".

They admit that they are planting pro-gay administrators, teachers, guidance counselors in Catholic schools to strike an influence among the student body and among the faculty to embrace the gay ideology.

If we are not careful, we will see the culture of Don Bosco in this same parody.
I could see it now with how some of our Bosconians are handling the same-sex marriage issue.

Rolando C. delos Reyes II, MA Ed., RGC
Personal Assistant to the Director for Academic Management
Officer-in-charge, Center for Assessment, Research and Evaluation

Don Bosco Technical College, Mandaluyong
531-80-81 local 1334; http://www.dbtc.edu.ph/dbtc7/