How can we make our Alumni Assoc/group strong as the "Green" or "Blue" University?

Ariel Esquillo

May 1, 2015, 8:35:41 AM5/1/15
to pin...@one-bosco.org
I've attended Green Archer's Golf Tournament entitled BRAFE. Man, i'm so impressed with their attendees and loyalty to their Alma Mater... How can we strengthen our group the way they do?... just thinking aloud...

Arvin Carandang

May 1, 2015, 9:36:16 AM5/1/15
to pin...@one-bosco.org
Nice question sir Ariel. Just my 10 cents worth of opinion.

La Salle and Ateneo have business schools (College). By that we can safely assume that they can intelligently assess whether say,
1) a proposed donation from an alumni or businessman
2) or a proposed loan package from a bank
will prove to be profitable/beneficial for the school's interest in the long run.

Having business schools they can also find a better way to package/market their school to be more appealing to prospective enrolees, donees, and the alumni.

Our salesians are equipped to deal with kids, the faith and other traditional stuff, but not in business.

I guess that's it. Thanks for the opportunity to share.

Rodelio Barcenas

May 1, 2015, 12:52:06 PM5/1/15
to pin...@one-bosco.org
Thanks sir Ariel and Arvin for this thread.

Its good to hear inputs from different perspectives.  I think we have an active Alumni Assoc i.e. BICC http://bicc.org.ph/pub/index.php
Maybe we are not that expressive in nature comparing ourselves to the big two Univ. I cannot also compare ourselves further with the two since both have more than 150 established years of existence compared to ours in DBTC turning 60. We have too many things to workout and change. Changes are taking place slowly through the efforts of everyone.  Sir Biboy Lora can be a good resource person to be dragged here in this conversation.  I will inform him about this interesting topic...

Just my thoughts about it.

Thanks guys for the inputs.

Vitaliano Chito Dimaranan

May 1, 2015, 11:53:56 PM5/1/15
to pin...@one-bosco.org
Nice question and interesting perspectives. Let's keep it going!