Re: Digest for pinardi@one-bosco.org - 3 updates in 1 topic

Anthony Malino

Jul 3, 2015, 10:29:38 AM7/3/15
to pin...@one-bosco.org
Kailangan lang palakasin ang promotion natin.  Let us first enumerate the College accomplishments ,like yung e-jeep ng ME, and then we build on them for promotion.  Let us ask the help of our Salesians, maybe they can promote our school with other Salesian houses.

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 3:22 PM, <pin...@one-bosco.org> wrote:
pmcatalan <pmca...@one-bosco.org>: Jul 01 06:59PM -0700

I have found out the following things with the help of my son who was an
alumni of the HS department of OUR institution:

1. There are 42 students who enrolled in ME this sy2015-16.
2. Out of the 42 students, only five came from our institution.
3. Out of these five (5) Bosconians, only three (3) came from the
mechanics section, Kowalski.

Obviously, very few of our HS graduates are considering DBTC as destination
for their tertiary education for some reasons (Mine was simple. Paolo
passed UPCAT and my wife is an employee of UP Diliman.). Based on the
figures, our major market has been non-Salesian institutions. Is this true
in your tertiary programs? What could be the pros and cons of these
phenomenon? Is it still possible to bring back the time when around 50% of
the students in college came from our high school department? (I was a
non-Bosconian entry in 1987 and majority of my classmates were from
Salesian schools: Mandaluyong, Makati, Victorias, Pampanga, Tarlac, and
even Papua.)
Rodelio Barcenas <rpbar...@one-bosco.org>: Jul 02 11:33AM +0800

Sir Paul, this is a very interesting topic.

I know of a school similar to us like La Consolacion College have the same
sentiments. Most of their HS graduates also preferred outside their walls
to take their college degrees. We have also other DBECs in the
one-bosco.org. DBC Canlubang is now in one-bosco.org, Pampanga, and some
accounts from Tarlac, Suggestion lang if possible po. Can you construct an
inquiry poll, sir Paul? (haha rhyme na rhyme)... Perhaps lahat naman dito
sa Pinardi would like to get a good picture of this one.... Then after the
poll, display mo sir yung live report.... Im not that good in creating a
good question for the poll (via Google Form)....

Rico Manalo <rmma...@one-bosco.org>: Jul 02 12:32PM +0800

There was survey conducted by Sir John regarding that issue. I suggest to
consider the result of the survey conducted.

On Thursday, July 2, 2015, Rodelio Barcenas <rpbar...@one-bosco.org>