Portland Criterium - August 20th

Steven Beardsley

Aug 4, 2022, 1:49:25 PM8/4/22
to OBRA Chat
Hi OBRA!

I hope everyone is looking forward to another weekend of OBRA Championships this weekend with the new University of Portland Criterium and the OBRA Road Race Championships at the ever almost world famous Kings Valley Road Race.

Planning for the Portland Criterium around the North Park Blocks is full steam ahead. We are stoked to bring racing back to downtown Portland. But we do need your help to ensure that events like this continue into the future.

Ways to help:
- Share information about the race with your friends and family and invite them to come. We are on Instagram (@portlandcriterium) and our website is www.portlandcriterium.com. Those that are not interested in racing can still participate in the fun with our BIKETOWN Street Sprints and Pedalpalooza Sportif race that will allow folks to ride the course throughout the day, and even win some prizes. The more spectators we can get at the event, the better.
- Sign up to volunteer. We need a lot of volunteers to make this event happen. If you (or a family member, partner, friend, etc) sign up for two volunteer shifts, please email me at in...@portlandcriterium.com and I can get you a free entry to the race. Signup link is here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050e4aa5ac2aab9-portland.
- Sign up to race (of course). Spectators love large race fields and racers love courses lined with spectators. It's a symbiotic relationship. We will have categories for everyone, which will be a first for a crit at the park blocks. Many of you will even be able to race twice. Second races are discounted. We will have cash primes for every race, and stacks on stacks of cash for our Pro/1/2/3 fields.

We look forward to seeing you all ready to race and party on the 20th!

Thanks,

Steven Beardsley
Portland Criterium
Race Director