OBRA Road Championships Bulletin #2 - Road Surface & Weather Protocol

Scott Goldstein

Aug 3, 2022, 6:28:21 PM8/3/22
to OBRA Chat
Hello OBRA:

Addressing some recent questions:

1) OBRA Members (i.e. annual membership) are eligible for medals and the Championship jerseys.  If a racer is not an annual member as of race day, they race only for glory and bragging rights (which should be significant at such a prestigious event).

2)  The ChipSeal surface is fairly good as chip seal goes with several weeks and hot temperatures to smooth things down.  The finish climb through the Kings Valley Highway section is regular tarmac, which means that the only significant high speed descent/curves on the race are not in the chip seal sections.

3) We are organizing neutral water hand ups during the race in the feed zone, and we have made request of OBRA to allow similar hot weather protocols as the Tour this year, i.e. that you may take a water handup on any incline that is outside of 10k to go.  Please feel free to petition your OBRA Commissar of choice in this regard as it is only a request as of this writing.