Week 5 Class Topics

Sean Montgomery

Feb 19, 2012, 4:14:50 PM2/19/12
to mobileweb...@nyu.edu
Hi all,

I'm trying to decide what would be most useful to cover in class next week.

Given that we've covered much of the "core" material, I had a thought that it might be useful to do about 1 hour of formal instruction on one of the syllabus topics and then spend the remainder of the class doing an open coding session where you could work on your apps and I can go around and help you through problems you're fighting with. If multiple people are fighting with similar problems, I could explain the issue to the class.

Of the following options what would you vote for covering next week in class?

Please rank order the following options ASAP so that I have time to prepare the material for class.

[ ] open coding session
[ ] plugins (concepts, how to use them, how they work, examples) - https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-plugins
[ ] File system (reading/writing files on your device) - http://docs.phonegap.com/en/1.4.1/phonegap_file_file.md.html#File
[ ] other (please specify)

Cheerio,
Sean

Alex Samoilescu

Feb 19, 2012, 10:54:51 PM2/19/12
to mobileweb...@nyu.edu
Here are my votes, and I like the idea of covering CORE material first, then open coding session.

[ 5] open coding session
[ 4] plugins (concepts, how to use them, how they work, examples) - https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-plugins
[ 3] File system (reading/writing files on your device) - http://docs.phonegap.com/en/1.4.1/phonegap_file_file.md.html#File

Alex
--
Regards,
Alex Samoilescu

T: 646.484.8415

Martín Bravo

Feb 19, 2012, 11:50:10 PM2/19/12
to mobileweb...@nyu.edu
[ 6] open coding session
[ 4] plugins (concepts, how to use them, how they work, examples) - https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-plugins
[ 3] File system (reading/writing files on your device) - http://docs.phonegap.com/en/1.4.1/phonegap_file_file.md.html#File
[ 2] other: Network connections - connecting to external databases and apis with ajax.

—MB

www.bravomartin.cl
tumblr.bravomartin.cl

Ben Turner

Feb 19, 2012, 11:59:49 PM2/19/12
to mobileweb...@nyu.edu
[2,000] open coding session
[3] plugins (concepts, how to use them, how they work, examples) - https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-plugins
[4] File system (reading/writing files on your device) - http://docs.phonegap.com/en/1.4.1/phonegap_file_file.md.html#File
[x] other (please specify)

I would like to have working examples to download while in class and then everyone tries it out on their phones while we're there.  The exploring of phonegap plugins and whatnot I think would be good to get a bit of a feel for, like maybe if you showed us on the projection screen what these look like in practice.

I feel like we should be doing "open coding session" on the floor on our own time anyway.

-Ben