Re: questions

Sean Montgomery

Mar 6, 2012, 6:19:27 AM3/6/12
to Ananya Mukherjee, mobileweb...@nyu.edu
Hi Ananya,

This may be of use to others, so I'll cc the class.

First, your AndroidManifest still had the xlarge screens line. You must delete this.

I've never used sencha touch, but I just went to the sencha touch website and downloaded it to make a test app - http://www.sencha.com/products/touch/download/
The biggest difference that I see between my test app and your app is the presence of the "touch" folder in libs. Where did this come from?
When I deleted it, your app loaded fine.

For below, remember that var is used to declare a new variable and that = is used to assign a value to a variable.
So what you're doing below is: "if the newly declared variable entry was successfully initialized with the value of the newly declared variable reader..."
I think what you probably wanted was:
var entry = new file();
if (entry == reader) {
Note that == is the comparison operator not =, which is the assignment operator

Sean

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Ananya Mukherjee <ananya.m...@nyu.edu> wrote:
Hi Sean,
I shared my code with you in dropbox. I am running into some annoying problems that are stopping me from going ahead. I cannot use the emulator anymore because all of a sudden there seem to be errors in the libraries I am using and the android manifest- I tried fixing them but was unsuccessful. Any ideas?

For the presentation I am going to work with your example of directory entry and reading files. If you look at pagetwo.html- I have a little commented out block to make js objects out of it. Am I doing this right?

   /* JS objects to check entry that matches stored object
   var entry= new file();
   if (var entry= var reader) {
       alert("var reader");
       } else {
         alert{Nothing found");
         }
           */

Also having a little trouble with customizing sencha buttons across pages. If I don't figure it out by office hours tomorrow, this will be another question!

Thanks so much,
Ananya