Kudos to Stryker Local Schools

John Mansel-Pleydell

Oct 20, 2022, 2:28:43 PM10/20/22
to Northwest Ohio STEAM Coalition
This was too good not to share!

The spotlight has been on Stryker Local Schools in Williams county since an article appeared in several publications that highlights the work done to bring manufacturing engineering to the classroom. What is different about the Stryker program is that it starts with Kindergarten!

Last week I was invited to tour the facilities and see first hand the progress that has been made with STEAM in the elementary school and the high level of technology that is being used in their high school Ag CTE program.

I saw a 5th grader programming a FANUC robot that is now part of the equipment in the elementary STEM lab!

You can read more in this article.

https://www.sme.org/technologies/articles/2022/may/ohio-schools-shop-and-tech-programs-reach-k-12/

Thanks,
John

John Mansel-Pleydell M.Ed
Professional Learning Group Supervisor
Northern Buckeye Education Council
Google for Education Certified Trainer
GEG Ohio Leader
TILO - NW Ohio Facilitator
Seesaw Ambassador

Toll Free: 1-800-472-5475 (dial 1) then  2541
Phone: 419-267-2541 (direct)
Email: mple...@nwoca.org
Website: http://mpleydell.nwoca.org

cid:image001.png@01D70A80.7A849580