STEAM / STEM Update June 2021

John Mansel-Pleydell

Jun 10, 2021, 1:59:51 PM6/10/21
to Northwest Ohio STEAM Coalition
Hello STEAM Coalition Members!

I have been going through the list today and removing old email addresses and ones that appear to be bouncing emails. Our list currently has 127 members.

I would like to take the opportunity to look back on the past year and the COVID-19 pandemic's effect on Education, especially with regard to what effect the STEAM approach continues to have in your schools and classrooms. I have a feeling that many changes have happened in your schools, I know of several schools that are actively planning new STEM or STEAM programs. Some new makerspace/innovation spaces are being built and I want to hear about all of them and share ideas with the rest of the group.

Over the next few weeks I am going to propose some topics for discussion by the group. Feel free to respond via email or you can visit the google group page and respond to the threads if you prefer.

Look for these threads in your inbox and respond back to the group so we can have a productive discussion.

New to the group is Allison Bentley who has accepted a new position at Archbold schools and will be teaching a STEM class at Archbold Middle school. Allison taught at Pettisville this year and will be building a new program right from scratch at Archbold.

I have shared with her some of your stories of developing programs and some of the ideas that have been generated from other districts.

Look for the first discussion topic next week and as always feel free to post your own questions if you have them. We are a brains trust of 127 educators and we have so much to offer each other through this group.

One final thing. If you know of one person who might benefit  and would contribute to this group then please let me know and I will reach out to them and add to our membership.

Have a great weekend
best regards

John Mansel-Pleydell
Facilitator
STEAM Coalition of NW OHIO

Thanks,
John

John Mansel-Pleydell M.Ed
Professional Learning Group Supervisor
Northern Buckeye Education Council
Google for Education Certified Trainer
GEG Ohio Leader
TILO - NW Ohio Facilitator
Seesaw Ambassador

Toll Free: 1-800-472-5475 (dial 1) then  2541
Phone: 419-267-2541 (direct)
Email: mple...@nwoca.org
Website: http://mpleydell.nwoca.org

cid:image001.png@01D70A80.7A849580