Gauging Interest for Girls who Code Clubs

John Mansel-Pleydell

Sep 5, 2019, 11:59:20 AM9/5/19
to Northwest Ohio STEAM Coalition
Greetings All,

I was in Columbus last month at a conference and met Hannah from Girls Who Code  and was intrigued by what they have to offer. I am sending this out in the hopes that some of you might be interested in starting a Girls Who Code club at your school.

Here is a snippet from an email that she sent to me earlier this month.

Girls Who Code Clubs are FREE after-school programs where 3rd-12th grade girls join a sisterhood of supportive peers and role models while using computer science to change the world. (We’ve already reached 185,000 girls across all 50 states and multiple countries!)

Here are some resources about Clubs for your reference:

Please take a moment to check out the resources and if you are interested in learning more then we can setup a call with Hannah about how the STEAM Coalition can partner with Girls Who Code to bring this to NW Ohio.

thanks

John Mansel-Pleydell