Did not get "THE OTHER WAY AROUND" principle? Could anyone please explain it to me?

findv...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2019, 3:02:11 PM8/19/19
to Discussion forum for Design Thinking - A Primer
I understood the treadmill example for the other way around principle but i did not quite get how we applied it in the real life examples!

Or if you could give me a better real life example explain it, it would be helpful

Thanks
Vinay

Prof. Bala Ramadurai

Aug 20, 2019, 8:31:37 AM8/20/19
to Discussion forum for Design Thinking - A Primer, findv...@gmail.com
Hello,
 Thank you for your question. Oh, treadmill is indeed from the real world :)

How about this? Typically, a student goes to a teacher to a school/college or some sort of a building to learn something. However, NPTEL has reversed this for us. We, the professor, came to your home/office to teach you (through the tube :))

We need to go to the restaurant to eat. Food delivery services bring the restaurant to your place.

Originally, there were stairs, where the person moved, the stairs were stationary. In an escalator, the person remained stationary, the stairs move.

Check all the principles out - http://triz40.com/aff_Principles_TRIZ.php

Thanks and have a great day!
Bala