Design thinking phases and major components

Smita Ninad Kelkar

Sep 25, 2019, 7:33:48 AM9/25/19
to Discussion forum for Design Thinking - A Primer
Can we simplify overall mechanics of this process by defining some parameters of the process?
E. G, Affect = person who is affected
Parameter = activity or function that's affected
Measure = Value of the effect

And then define each stage to be containing these elements and how to lay them out.
This way it will bring clarity when we are thinking about the problem in multiple stages

Because what's happening as of now is the more we delve into depth of these stages, we kind of deviate away from mind about the problem and get automatically focussed to the dissected parts of the problem

Any templates Bala sir, you have?

Prof. Bala Ramadurai

Sep 26, 2019, 6:57:21 AM9/26/19
to Discussion forum for Design Thinking - A Primer
Hello,
  thank you for your interesting question.

You are right that sometimes these methods and terms can take us away from the actual problem to be solved. So, my suggestion is to first start with a problem that you would like to apply these methods purely to learn the techniques, methods, terms. Then, once you get comfortable by applying these tools many times, we can then run it on a real problem. This way, we are still conscious of which step/tool/method to apply, rather the focus is on actually helping the human being who needs help.

Thanks and have a nice day!
Bala