How to prepare Costomer Journey Map for a existing Problem.

barvea...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2019, 1:04:44 AM8/20/19
to Discussion forum for Design Thinking - A Primer
Hello Sir,

I am finding a bit difficulty to identify an activity
for a problem.
Hence i am unable to prepare a CJM.
The problem is Pet hair on cloths which go in laundry and are
unable to be separated from the cloths in washer. So devicing an integrated
part/system in washer to remove the hair is needed.
Here what activity should i consider of the customer.
Or should i jump to 5 why analysis.?
Please let me know.

Prof. Bala Ramadurai

Aug 20, 2019, 8:24:37 AM8/20/19
to Discussion forum for Design Thinking - A Primer
Hello,
  Thank you for your interesting question.

You can identify the customer to be the pet owner and what they go thru with an existing solution. What are their steps before and after washing (or cleaning) of these clothes? If it is possible, you should visit a customer in their own place and make them walk through what they do to clean the pets' clothes.

If visiting them is an issue, next best is to interview them and the next best alternative is to call them up and ask them walk through the steps. Still nothing beats a field visit.

Once, you have observations from these and their emotional ups and downs (I know, this is a lot of work and typically may take weeks in some cases). then proceed to the generating How-Might-We (HMW) questions from your observations from the field. Now, embark on the multi-why analysis.

Hope this helps
Thanks and have a great day!
Bala

Adish Barve

Aug 20, 2019, 11:05:08 PM8/20/19
to Discussion forum for Design Thinking - A Primer
Thank sir for replying.
I will visit the consumer for understanding the journey.

Smita Ninad Kelkar

Sep 25, 2019, 7:46:12 AM9/25/19
to Discussion forum for Design Thinking - A Primer
Adish , you have a customer right in the group. I have two pets and I am troubled when I add his clothes to washing machine e.
Do you want to interview?