Upcoming School Capacity Public Forums

NAPS News

Jul 12, 2021, 8:46:16 PM7/12/21
to NAPS News

The focus of the School Capacity Sub-Committee is to aid the town in making the best decisions regarding the possible renovation, expansion and construction of schools within our community. Facilities Master Plan, Phase II for the Town of North Andover includes four (4) important school projects; the renovations and possible additions to:

  • Atkinson Elementary
  • Franklin Elementary
  • Kittredge Elementary
  • North Andover Middle School

The goals for these projects include:

  • updating our oldest schools so that they meet code and meet the needs of our students;
  • providing modern facilities conducive to 21st Century learners;
  • ensuring equity among our schools; and
  • providing enough space capacity in our schools to provide needed support services for our students, impact class size, and accommodate enrollment growth going forward.

We will be holding public forums during the month of May in order to provide the community with information regarding these projects and to answer questions and solicit feedback from the community. This feedback will be critical in helping the School Committee finalize its recommendation to the Facilities Master Plan, Phase II Committee. You can also see the planned presentation by clicking on the attached PDF, below.

If you would like to participate, the links for each meeting are listed below:

Thank you, and we hope to see you there.