4/17/20 Update

Hillary Stasonis

Apr 17, 2020, 11:30:41 AM4/17/20
to naps...@northandoverpublicschools.com

Dear NAPS community,

As this week winds down, I have been thinking about our NAHS seniors. Seniors have been looking forward to their last trimester of academics, athletics and activities as they close out their education as part of North Andover’s 150th graduating class. I want to reassure our seniors and their families that Principal Jackson and I have remained in communication on this issue.   NAHS is committed to making our seniors' end of the year a memorable one if the State determines schools must remain closed for the remainder of the year.

We are also aware that our students in kindergarten, 5th and 8th grade are also making transitions to new buildings. Much like our seniors, these students have had ceremonies and traditions as they finish up in their current buildings and grades.

Our leadership team is actively discussing ways in which we can celebrate and recognize these students as we have traditionally done. We may need to be creative, but I am confident that we will ensure that there are many memorable moments for our students.

The North Andover Public Schools and our entire community is committed to recognizing and celebrating these important student milestones.  Although things may look different, we will certainly find ways to provide these memorable experiences for our students.

Best,

Dr. Gregg T. Gilligan, Superintendent