4/21/20 Update - Schools will remain closed through the end of the school year

Zagarri, Beverly

Apr 21, 2020, 1:12:45 PM4/21/20
to NAPS News

Dear NAPS Community,

Governor Baker just announced that all Massachusetts schools will remain closed through the end of the school year due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic. School districts will continue remote learning through the end of the school year. The Governor has not made any decisions on summer programming.

As I mentioned in the April 17th Update, our leadership team is actively discussing ways in which we can celebrate the traditional end of the year events like graduation and move up days. Additionally, the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education will be sending guidance on planning for the reopening of schools next year.

As we continue with Remote Learning, it is important for all of us to keep the social and emotional well being of students in mind. We've provided social-emotional learning resources on each school's Remote Learning Home Page. In addition, helpful information can be found at the following sites:

 This experience is challenging, but it also serves as a clear reminder that we are a strong community. We will communicate further information as it becomes available.

Best,

Dr. Gregg T. Gilligan, Superintendent

--
Bev Zagarri