Using Apple and the Advanced catalogue

Sharon Coates

Mar 6, 2021, 11:54:02 AM3/6/21
to Norfolk Archives Network
I am having problems using the advanced data entry form. I have Microsoft office on my Apple desktop  computer, but I cannot access the drop down boxes or save the data once entered onto the form. Has anyone else experienced this please.

If I try and add the data directly to the advanced catalogue  spreadsheet I encounter similar problems with the drop down boxes. E.g the subject headings.

Norfolk Archives Network

Mar 8, 2021, 4:31:08 AM3/8/21
to Norfolk Archives Network, loui...@live.co.uk

Hello,

We've had mixed feedback on the Advanced catalogue template working on Apple products. There are issues using Numbers and LibreOffice, but it had been reported as working on Excel for Macs. Where people are having problems we've been suggesting groups use the Basic catalogue template with all the same columns, but no data entry forms. I will email this to you directly for you to try out.

See if you encounter the same issues with the drop down boxes on the basic version. What we’ve produced are templates and these can be adapted and used as necessary by each group. If the drop downs are still causing issues these could be removed so you can just type in what you need, you’d then just need to ensure your entries are checked for consistency.

If anyone else has Microsoft Office on an Apple device and has tried out the templates please do let us know how they’re working for you, and if you’ve made any adaptions.

Thanks.

All the best,

Laura

Norfolk Archives Network

Mar 8, 2021, 4:56:24 AM3/8/21
to Norfolk Archives Network, Norfolk Archives Network, loui...@live.co.uk
It may also have something to do with which version of Microsoft Office you have. It's been reported to us that the buttons on the forms don't work properly for Excel for Mac 2008. But do work on  Microsoft Office 2019.