Parish poor law settlement papers

Norfolk Archives Network

Sep 27, 2022, 11:04:58 AM9/27/22
to Norfolk Archives Network
Dear all,

One of the Norfolk Record Office's volunteer projects has been to finish indexing our parish poor law settlement papers (to find out more about this about this source, see https://www.archives.norfolk.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/family-history/parishes-and-churches/parish-records-of-the-poor). We have just added the last entries into the catalogue, so all parish settlement certificates, settlement examinations and removal orders should now be name indexed. We have added over 2,500 entries to the catalogue, mainly from North Walsham, New Buckenham, Bunwell, Horsham St Faiths and Tharston parish collections. In addition, we have imported over 18,000 entries indexed by volunteers from two Norwich registers of paupers examined re settlement (NCR 20e/18-19).

To find out more, please have a look at Parish records of the poor - Archives (norfolk.gov.uk)