Historical interactive audio guided walks

Robin Sampson

May 11, 2021, 10:57:08 AM5/11/21
to Norfolk Archives Network
Dear all,

I found the below post on an archivist mailing list, and wondered if anyone might be able to share their experiences of creating guided heritage walks, or might have some advice to offer? If so I will collect the responses and reply to the original enquirer. Many thanks!

"I'm completing a case study for the final year of my Archives and record management Masters and I'm focusing on a grassroots project of a local heritage group that will implement a local service that facilitates members to take interactive guided walks along historical routes.

The project is in its infancy and I was hoping that I could rely on the experience of the group in this area.

Has anyone implemented such a project or have any suggestions?"

Peter Lavender

May 11, 2021, 11:56:28 AM5/11/21
to Norfolk Archives Network
Dear Robin and colleagues,

Ludham Archive are creating a guided walk based on QR codes.  We are not using QR codes but have done 21 walks complete with photographs, which people can download from the website (temporarily down for repair at present).  The walks are based on historical paths which have been researched carefully.  They also include observations on the ecology too.  We also have a guided walks leaflet which people can download from the website which is based on a circular walk around the historic buildings in Martham.

Best wshes,
Peter
Martham Archive Group