Reminder: new online training for community archives

Robin Sampson

Mar 4, 2022, 8:49:01 AM3/4/22
to Norfolk Archives Network
Dear all,

Just a reminder that Norfolk Record Office's Community Archives project team are running two new online training sessions via Zoom. This will include some re-runs of our ‘Archiving the Pandemic’ sessions from last year, plus our new session ‘Volunteers in Community Archives’.

Archiving the Pandemic

This session will provide an opportunity to think about the importance that community archive groups can have with regards to documenting the Covid-19 pandemic, and will offer some tips towards an action plan for Covid-related collecting in your community archive. We will be re-running the session on the following dates and times:

o Monday 7th March, 14:00-16:00

o Wednesday 9th March, 14.00-16.00

Volunteers in Community Archives: Reimagining Recruitment, Retention & Reward

This session will discuss types of volunteer and their motivations, how to recruit and make the most of your volunteers, cycles of renewal in volunteering and recognition and reward for volunteers. We will be running the session on the following dates and times:

o Monday 21st March, 14:00-16:00

o Wednesday 23rd March, 14.00-16.00

o Tuesday 29th March, 10.00-12.00

To book please reply to robin....@norfolk.gov.uk with the name and email address of the person to attend, the archive service or community archive group you belong to, and the date/time of the session you would like to book. I will confirm the booking via email.

Please also forward to any groups or individuals that may be interested in attending.

Norfolk Archives Network

Mar 7, 2022, 4:06:03 AM3/7/22
to Norfolk Archives Network, rwsam...@gmail.com
Just a final reminder - there is still space to attend the 'Archiving the Pandemic' training on Wednesday 9th March 2pm-4pm. Please email or message me ASAP if you would like to attend.

best wishes,

Robin