Re-running Cataloguing, Digitisation and Oral History training sessions

Robin Sampson

Apr 29, 2021, 6:29:35 AM4/29/21
to Norfolk Archives Network
Dear all,

in addition to our new Preservation and Collections Management training sessions, we will be re-running our previous training sessions on the following dates. Please let me know if you would like to book places on these courses.

Arranging and Cataloguing your Archive Collections

This will cover what you should think about when coming up with a structure for your catalogue, and what information to capture to both meet archival standards and be researcher friendly.

·         Tuesday 25th May, 10:00-12:00

·         Wednesday 2nd June, 14:00-16:00

Digitisation Procedures and Practical Tips

This will cover why digitisation is important, how to create a digitisation plan, the basic procedures for digitising your collections, and practical tips for setting up digitisation spaces and workflows.

·         Friday 28th May, 14:00-16:00

·         Thursday 3rd June, 10:00-12:00

Setting Up, Recording and Managing Oral Histories

This will cover planning for projects, participation and recording agreements, conducting interviews, audio recording equipment, and managing, preserving and editing recordings.

·         Tuesday 15th June, 14:00-16:00

·         Thursday 17th June, 10:00-12:00