Webinar on engaging schools, families and adult learners.

1 view

Norfolk Archives Network

Mar 24, 2022, 9:49:19 AM3/24/22
to Norfolk Archives Network

Dear all,

please see below for a training offer from The National Archives:

On Monday 28 March, The UK National Archives is hosting a webinar on engaging schools, families and adult learners. You can sign up for the free event here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/engaging-schools-families-and-adult-learners-tickets-299486982627

 Most archive services want to welcome as wide a range of users as possible, from schoolchildren and families to curious cultural visitors and professional researchers. In this webinar, we’ll provide an insight into how The National Archives' digitally engage with some of these user groups through our outreach work, our collaborations with schools, and our content for adult learners, such as events and podcasts. This is the fourth webinar in our series designed to develop the digital engagement skills of archives and introduce our #20sPeople programme.

 In this webinar, we’ll discuss:

  • how we build relationships with schools and how digital methods allow us to increase our reach
  • what a typical digital session with a school looks like and how it differs from an in-person session
  • how we select engaging material and adapt it so that it is tailored to that audience’s interests / age / prior knowledge
  • how we collaborate with other organisations and create a cohesive programme across strands for different audiences
  • the channels we use for promoting our resources and events
  • how we’ve considered the needs of schools, families and adult learners in our 20sPeople programme
  • tips for engaging these groups when you join in with 20sPeople or during your own projects and programmes

 After the presentations, there will be time for a Q&A and wider discussion. We look forward to seeing you there!