LGBTQ+ History Month: help us celebrate

Norfolk Archives Network

Feb 1, 2022, 10:26:35 AM2/1/22
to Norfolk Archives Network
Hi All

You may be aware already that February is LGBTQ+ History Month. Each year the official LGBTQ+ History Month charity sets a theme link to the curriculum, with this year’s theme being “Politics in Art: ‘The Arc is Long”.

Norfolk County Council are keen to take part in celebrating LGBTQ+ achievement and diversity, and making it more visible, and that includes in archives and with our partnership projects. If your community group is doing any work , or holds any material, which should be showcased during the month - and especially but not exclusively if it relates to the theme, we would love to hear about it! We could create CAS3 blog posts to celebrate your material, or promote your events and activities - just let us know.

Whilst we're at it; don't forget the NCC events taking place during the month, including:
Paul Baker livestream – Norwich Millennium Library. Monday 7 February, 7.15pm

For LGBTQ+ History Month this year, Norwich Millennium Library are livestreaming a British Library event, with author Paul Baker as he explores the infamous Section 28 law and discusses his new book “Outrageous! The Story of Section 28”. There will also be a chance to see items about the local impact of Section 28 from the Norfolk LGBTQ+ History collection held at Norfolk Heritage Centre.

The event will be held on the ground floor of the Norwich Millennium Library on Monday 7 February at 7.15pm.

Sophie