Oral history training 7 September Tales from the River project on outdoor swimming and river recreation history in the Brecks

Imogen Radford

Aug 24, 2021, 7:13:36 AM8/24/21
to Norfolk Archives Network

Dear all

The next training for volunteers for the project is Tuesday 7 September, 1000-1600
Brandon Engine House, Brandon Country Park,
Bury Road (B 1106), Brandon, Suffolk, IP27 0SU

Tales from the River: intro to Oral History collecting
The trainer will introduce oral history, issues to consider, how to plan, prepare and conduct an interview, using the equipment and a chance to practice, and an introduction to editing software.

We will follow the training with a discussion on how we can take the project forward and organise gathering stories and oral history recordings on swimming and other river recreation.

The information is on this updated webpage about the training and the project, https://www.imogensriverswims.co.uk/blog/os-brecks-2/tales-from-the-river-training-begins-7-july-2021/

Do get in touch if you are interested in this training and perhaps in doing some oral history recording starting in the autumn. Feel free to pass on if you know someone else who might be interested. No previous experience required.

Or you might be or know someone who has an interesting story to tell to our volunteers about outdoor swimming or other river recreation, or know someone who has. We are hoping to talk to or hear from people who have any stories, memories, folklore, old maps, photos or films about swimming and other watery recreation in the Brecks,

https://www.imogensriverswims.co.uk/blog/os-brecks-2/outdoor-swimming-photos-or-stories-to-share/

Do get in touch if you'd like to apply for a place on the 7 September training, would like more info, or would like to get involved.

The Tales from the River project is part of  The Brecks Fen Edge & Rivers Landscape Partnership Scheme  (BFER, http://brecks.org/BFER/), supported by the National Lottery Heritage Fund (https://www.heritagefund.org.uk/).

Best wishes

Imogen

Imogen Radford
Tales from the River and Healing Waters projects lead
07932 137 593
imog...@googlemail.com
www.imogensriverswims.co.uk/blog/os-brecks-2/
@OSBrecks: