New online training for community archives: Archiving the Pandemic

Norfolk Archives Network

Nov 23, 2021, 5:04:46 AM11/23/21
to Norfolk Archives Network

Dear all,

I am pleased to announce that the Community Archives project team are running a new online training session via Zoom:

Archiving the Pandemic

This session will provide an opportunity to think about the importance that community archive groups can have with regards to documenting the Covid-19 pandemic, and will offer some tips towards an action plan for Covid-related collecting in your archive. We will be running the session on the following dates and times:

  • Monday 6th December, 10:00-12:00
  • Wednesday 8th December, 17:30-19:30
  • Monday 13th December, 14:00-16:00

You will have the opportunity to ask questions and take part in exercises, and there will be a break time mid-way through.

The sessions are limited to 10 participants to allow for smooth running online. To include as many groups as possible we ask that initially only 2 people per community archive group book a place on each session.. We will operate a waiting list, should more places become available. If we have a high volume of interest we may run extra sessions, dates and times TBC.

As our Project Partners you have priority booking ahead of the dates being released to the general public via the NRO’s newsletter.

To book please reply to robin....@norfolk.gov.uk with the name and email address of the person to attend, the community archive group they belong to, and the date of the session you would like to book. I will confirm the booking via email.

If you are unable to make the dates or get a place, we will be recording the presentation and making them available as videos for you to watch at your convenience and share with your group.

Robin Sampson

Nov 29, 2021, 6:37:51 AM11/29/21
to Norfolk Archives Network, Norfolk Archives Network
Dear all,

We still have plenty of spaces available for the training sessions below. Please let me know if you would like to attend one of these sessions and I will book you in.

Norfolk Record Office

Dec 2, 2021, 10:15:10 AM12/2/21
to Norfolk Archives Network, Norfolk Archives Network

Dear all,

 This is a final call for delegates to attend the training session on Archiving the Pandemic on Monday 6th December at 10am. Please let me know ASAP if you’d like to attend, by emailing robin....@norfolk.gov.uk

 There is also space available on the session on Monday 13th December at 2pm.

 I will pass on joining details to anyone interested in attending.