WW2 Memories Day and Evening

Claire Penstone-Smith

Sep 6, 2021, 5:11:38 AM9/6/21
to Norfolk Archives Network

An event on Saturday 18th September, 10am-4.30pm,  at the New Victory Hall, Neatishead, to relaunch our community heritage group originally scheduled to take place to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of VE Day in May 2020.   We will take you back to life on the Home Front in the 1940s  There will be displays of research with local memories of VE Day and ‘hands-on history’ as you explore our WW2 Community Chest.  Read about those from our villages who served during WW2, those who sacrificed their lives and listen to oral recordings of events of the time and people from the villages.   It will also be an opportunity to view a unique map of ‘Wartime Incidents in This Area’ and discover more about the wartime activity in this corner of Broadland Norfolk.
Refreshments available.

In the evening, in association with the Neatishead & Barton Society (NABS) there will be an evening of music, songs and words to recreate the 1940s.  Come dressed in your 1940s best and bring your voice to join in with those 1940s favourites.  Licenced bar.  Tickets £5, available on the door.

Claire Penstone-Smith
Neatishead, Irstead & Barton Turf Community Heritage Group

Robin Sampson

Sep 7, 2021, 3:34:46 AM9/7/21
to Norfolk Archives Network, Claire Penstone-Smith
Thank you for posting this Claire, these events sound fantastic!

If any other group has any events to share, please feel free to post here.