What do community archives want from an archive supporter scheme?

Norfolk Record Office

Nov 23, 2022, 9:32:32 AM11/23/22
to Norfolk Archives Network

The Norfolk Archives and Heritage Development Foundation(NORAH) is the charitable partner of the Norfolk Record Office. As well as hosting this Forum, it runs a Norfolk Archive Supporter Scheme which raises money for re-distribution as grants for the preservation and use of Norfolk’s archives.

Until now, it has only offered individual membership. If it was to offer organisational membership, what would community archives want as benefits of membership? Below are some ideas we have had. What do you think of them and is there anything else which would appeal?

  • Photography permits for use in the NRO’s public searchroom
  • Discount on room hire at The Archive Centre in Norwich
  • Discount on pre-made archive boxes and packaging, taking advantage of NRO’s bulk purchasing
  • Invitations to NORAH events, which are usually at least two per year
  • Discount on NRO-made bespoke boxes

NORAH’s trustees are meeting next month and one of the agenda items is the Supporter Scheme. It would be wonderful to have some feedback which we could feed into discussions.

Best wishes,

Jonathan (NRO)