Example of using digitised archives

Norfolk Archives Network

Jul 22, 2021, 8:43:33 AM7/22/21
to Norfolk Archives Network
Dear all,

Museum4Watton have very kindly shared some of the results of their recent digitisation programme - they have created a slideshow of images from their collections. Hopefully this will provide some inspiration for what you can do with your digitised archives collections.

The slideshow can be viewed here: Loch Neaton, Watton May 1948 - YouTube

Archivist (Girlguiding Norfolk)

Aug 3, 2021, 2:45:33 AM8/3/21
to Norfolk Archives Network
This is brilliant to see; thank you so much for sharing.
Helen

Helen Green

Girlguiding Norfolk County Archivist

ARC (Archive Resource Centre)

14 Gt Hautbois Rd, Coltishall

NR12 7JN

Open Mondays 10-4 and other times by arrangement

Follow us on
Facebook:   Girlguiding Norfolk Archive Resource Centre - ARC
Aug 24, 2021, 7:01:12 AM8/24/21
to Norfolk Archives Network, Archivist (Girlguiding Norfolk)
That is wonderful.

It would be really interesting to look at your collection for the Tales from the River project, looking at recreation in rivers and other Brecks waters. We are just getting going on research, and one or two of our volunteers are interested in Loch Neaton and would like to get in touch at some point, and possibly find people to talk to if they would be willing to tell their stories.

Our next training, on oral history collecting, is coming up on 7 September. I'm going to post about this separately.