removing cover of Sony IMX 455 sensor

b...@mira.org

Dec 7, 2021, 3:52:34 PM12/7/21
to ccd-...@noirlab.edu, Bruce Weaver

 Hi,

Does anyone have experience in removing the cover window from a Sony IMX 455 sensor?  We'd like to try it in the UV but tests here show that the UV sensitivity is limited by whatever they're using as a cover as the sensitivity collapses at about 3500Å.

thanks,

Bruce.

--
Wm. Bruce Weaver, Ph.D.
Director

Monterey Institute for Research in Astronomy
200 Eighth Street, Marina CA 93933
(831-883-1000) Fax: 883-1031
Dedicated to Research and Education in Astronomy For 50 Years.

Miceli, Antonino

Dec 7, 2021, 5:11:53 PM12/7/21
to b...@mira.org, ccd-...@noirlab.edu
Hi Bruce,

I saw in this paper (https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5047934) that they used Pacific X-Ray (http://www.pacificxray.com/sensor-services) to remove the glass cover off a CMOS camera to turn it into a software x-ray camera.

Not sure if this is what you need.

Nino

Dec 8, 2021, 8:01:12 AM12/8/21
to b...@mira.org, ccd-...@noirlab.edu
Hello Bruce,
  We are using Salvo Technologies ( https://salvotechnologies.com ) to remove the cover-glass of CCDs for some custom projects. Send me a private message if you would like to have the e-mail address of our contact.

  Regards,

    Olivier

Olivier Daigle Ph. D.
VP R-D :: CTO

Nüvü Caméras Inc.
355 Peel St, suite 603
Montreal, QC H3C 2G9
Canada
+1 514 733 8666 x1001
nuvucameras.com

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachment(s) is intended only for the use of the recipient. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, disclosure, use, print or copying of this communication and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify in...@nuvucameras.com immediately and destroy all copies. – Nüvü Caméras Inc.

:wq

signature.asc