Re: NCC B SMR 5/29/2021 [Cancelling]

Tim Cary

May 28, 2021, 7:05:29 PM5/28/21
to NCC Discussion Group
Every time I look at the weather forecast for tomorrow it gets worse. Cold wet and raw. No fun at all. So we are cancelling tomorrow's rides.  Enjoy your weekend everyone and hope to see you next week or sooner!

Tim

On Thu, May 27, 2021, 19:28 Tim Cary <tc...@nohobikeclub.org> wrote:
Hi Everyone.

It is great to be back here able to post ride routes.  I am looking forward to reconnecting and riding with you all.  Although we have widely publicized the opening week routes and schedule, I still wanted to post here, as I plan to do each week.

The planned route is here.  Meeting at Pulaski Park, Northampton, 9 AM Saturday.  Looking at about 62 miles and just under 4K feet of climbing.  It takes us over the iconic Bardwells Ferry Bridge and north of route 2 into the beautiful Patten farm district.  As it is the beginning of the season for many of us, I aim to keep the climbing reasonable.  I have one planned refuel stop at Shelburne Falls Coffee.

Per club policy you must be a club member to join the ride (not a member, go here now!).  Please bring a mask with you in case you need to go inside any rest stops.  Also, since it is early in the season- a reminder to be self-sufficient with extra tubes and a pump.  We aim to keep everyone together, but if the majority of the group is paced differently, we may have to drop.

Unfortunately, at this time, Saturday's weather is looking unfavorable for riding.

image.png

But, this is New England after all, so who knows- it could change.  I will make a call by 7 AM Saturday morning.  If we cancel, I will post back to this message, update the calendar & website and put a note on social media.  If you don't see anything, assume we are riding and will see you at 9 AM Saturday!

Tim